Hello everyone! We are less than two weeks from the start of our annual multi-rhythm game tournament, Feel the Beat! After a very successful first event at Round 1 Silver City Galleria with Silver City Summit (Check the video below), System Arcadia is proud to establish our arcade tournament series with Round 1 and continue to grow our event over the next several years.
Let’s get to the details for this upcoming tournament. First some basic information.
- Registration: Fill out this form to pre-register. You may also register on-site. All transactions for the tournament will be done on-site.
- Location: Round 1 Silver City Galleria at 2 Galleria Mall Dr, Taunton, MA 02780.
- Time and schedule.
- October 25, 2019.
- 6:00 P.M. to Midnight – Registration/Qualifying period only.
- October 26, 2019.
- 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – Registration/Qualifying period.
- 1:00 P.M. – All tournaments except DanceRush begin.
- 2:00 P.M. – DanceRush freestyle tournament begins.
- 5:30 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. – Group photo and 30 minute intermission.
- 6:00 P.M. – All remaining tournaments resume.
- Projected end time for DDR – 10:00 to 11:00 P.M.
- October 25, 2019.
All scheduling is subject to change.
Below are the tournaments being ran, followed by their tournament organizer’s handle and link to ruleset.
- DanceDanceRevolution A20, ran by System Arcadia staff: Ruleset.
- beatmaniaIIDX 27 HEROIC VERSE, ran by Lumelux: Ruleset.
- Sound Voltex V Vividwave, ran by Hedonic: Ruleset.
- Pump It UP XX, ran by Nick Radke Souvannalay: Ruleset.
- DanceRush Stardom Freestyle, ran by Kei: Ruleset.
Rules are subject to change.
Lastly here are some other details you should know about the tournament.
When you arrive at the tournament, please be sure to go to the game card desk to pay your $20 venue fee to Round 1 before coming to our registration desk near the mall entrance to pay your $5. For those curious, the $5 we collect is money we use to pay the streamers and tech guys helping run the event only.
Remote qualifying will not be allowed for this tournament. We believe that part of the skill involved in entering a tournament is doing your qualifier on the spot. We also realize that if our event continues to grow, we cannot sustain this form of qualifying as it will cause tournaments to run much longer than scheduled. Should this issue arise, we will rethink our strategy for qualifying.
Per Round 1’s policy, no outside drinks may be brought into the venue. You will be able to get free water from the snack bar however.
If you need to store belongings, you will not be able to leave it near or behind a machine. Round 1 is offering a free bag check for you to keep your stuff safe. This is done to ensure random patrons are not going to be looking for bags to scoop up.
Please remember to keep the main walkway leading to the mall empty and clear for people to walk through. It is a fire hazard to have people idle on that walkway and our event can be stopped at any time if it becomes too much of a hassle. Some of the UFO machines on the other side of the walkway will be re-arranged to allow more space for people to spectate the tournaments.
DDR will be streamed on our official Twitch channel. We will save the entire tournament stream locally as well and upload highlights sometime after the tournament.